Are you moving or planning to move and need to find the best funko pop storage techniques to keep your pops safe? Moving to a new place can be stressful and even more stressful for a collector who has 100+ funko pops.
We have so much to pack and protect that it can be overwhelming. We wanted to provide a guide to learn what not to do and when moving funko pops from one location to another in bulk. Miles and miles of travel, these figures need to stay safe.
We have all gasped and cried over our favorite broken or damaged Funko Pops. But that time is now over because we have the many solutions to preventing broken funko pops when moving.
Funko pop storage containers or cases are the only and best solutions to keeping our valuable Pops safe. This guide will show you a list of beneficial ways to keep your pop figures intact and safe during the long commute.
What to Use and How to Keep Your Funko Pops Safe
If we want to keep our Funko Pops safe, then a few things change according to your requirements. Some of the aspects that will change the way you will protect your Pops are:
- Have you taken the Pops out of the box?
- Do you want to display the Funko Pops without their box?
- Want to keep the Funko Pops inside the box and display them?
For different requirements, we have divided our guide into the following parts for you:
How to Secure Funko Pops Out Of the Box For Moving
People can misplace boxes, which is not something new, or perhaps you never had the box. But don’t worry, as we have the perfect solutions to safeguard your Funko Pops.
If you do not have the box or, for other reasons, do not want Pops in their box, the easiest way is to wrap them in Bubble wraps or Bubble sheets. If you do not want to display your Funko Pops, Bubble wraps are incredibly effective and straightforward to use. Be sure to wrap the sheet tightly.
If there are any gaps or the sheet is loose, then it won’t be as beneficial as it should be. For example, the Funko Pop could slip out of the hole if the Bubble sheet isn’t correctly secure around it. Moreover, due to collision or in case of a fall, the sheet will not protect effectively. But, after that, you can place all your Funko Pops in special Funko pop storage containers or any content without any doubts because the Bubble wrap will handle everything else.
If you want to display your Funko Pops then and keep them secure, then your best bet would be Funko Pop Plastic cases. But make sure to add a couple of adhesive putties or UHU Tacs. You will find any of these in your nearby store.
Because even if your plastic case falls, the Funko Pop will not collide with the box and break. Instead, it will stick to the bottom of the box and will not move. Moreover, if you want to go for fancy cases, you can go for LED Display Cases.
How to Secure Funko Pops inside the Box For Moving
Collectors should fit six funko pops in one shipping box, and if they’d like to add another three on top, they can safely. Additionally, these funko pops will use bubble wrap and soft pop protectors to prevent them from causing damage during the commute.
Most of us would keep the boxes of these Funkos because they have an immense value when combined with the Pop.
We wrote an article on whether you should keep your figures inside or outside of the box that you may enjoy.
However, it is easier to move or display the Pops inside boxes safely as hard as it seems. So, here are the things you can do to keep your Pops safe:
- Wrap funko pops in bubble wrap
- Purchase hard case pop protectors for your funko pops
- Purchase soft case pop protectors for your funko pops
- Use funko pop sorters with bubble wrap
- Use funko pop storage containers with bubble wrap
Let’s dive into what it type of boxes you should consider:
Best Funko pop Storage Containers For Collectors
Funko Pop Travel Cases
- If you are moving your Funko Pops, you should already be confident that the boxes will keep the Pops safe. But as an added safety measure, you can bubble wrap them as well. Make sure to wrap them separately if you have the time and energy.
- If you do not want Bubble wrap, you can use a small Funko Pop travel case made of plastic. It fits the Funko Pop boxes perfectly. You can place the Funko Pop box inside the plastic case, close the lid, and that’s it. However, keep in mind that the box size depends on the Funko Pop’s size or the number of Funko Pops inside it. You can check out each Funko Pop travel case by clicking on the sizes: 4 Inch Vinyl Box, 6 Inch Vinyl Box, 10 Inch Vinyl Box, 18 Inch Vinyl Box, 2 Pack Boxes.
- There are specific containers available for Funko Pops. These are called Funko pop storage containers. One of the best ones is Feldherr Storage Box FSLB150 For Funko Pop! It is a funko pop travel case that can hold up to 16 boxes. But you can also use the standard plastic storage containers with a lid. Most of these are transparent and are suitable for storing anything. The benefit of custom Funko pop storage containers is that they are more secure and save you a lot of time apart from buying and waiting for it to be delivered.
However, if you have a higher quantity of Pops, the standard plastic storage containers are cheaper.
Best Funko Pop Containers For Moving
These are the best Funko Pop containers and travel cases we recommend:
- Feldherr: offers cases 16 to a whopping 72 Funko Pops.
- Funko.Inc: sells protectors that you can buy at an affordable price.
- EcoTEK Protectors: has a wide variety of plastic cases for different sizes and is a reputed company.
How do you pack up a funko pop collection ready for travel?
Now you know what to use, but you might not know how to pack your Funko Pops perfectly.
So we will explain here how to pack your Funko Pops properly:
- For Bubble wrap, you need to be generous with the amount you are using.
- Secondly, Bubble wraps are double-sided, one is flat, and the other has bubbles. The side with bubbles needs to face your Funko Pops, and the flat surface should be outside.
- Wrap generously but tightly, loosely wrapped Bubble sheet isn’t as effective.
- Make sure each container used has no space left in them.
Alternatively, you can use plastic foam sheets or packaging foam sheets so that everything inside the container doesn’t move.
Collector Tip: If you think newspapers are a good and cheap alternative to bubble wraps, don’t. You can use old clothes as a beneficial alternative, but newspapers will likely harm four out ten Funko Pops. Additionally, the ink from newspapers can harm your pop figure as well.
Where’s a secure place to store Funko Pops?
The best place to store Funko Pops is anywhere except the attic and off the floor. Make sure to put them on any shelf or inside closed containers.
You can even put them on a desk and run them up a wall. The reason is that insects or any other thing like water can either ruin the Funko Pop box or the Pop inside.
Additionally, you’ll want to keep these figures out of the sun as well. We wrote an article on how funko pops can get sun damage that you may enjoy reading.